Nathan founded Bogart Immigration, PLLC in January 2018. Nathan has practiced immigration law his entire career, bringing particular experience in immigration-related litigation, including removal defense before the immigration courts and immigration appeals, both to the Board of Immigration Appeals and the federal circuit courts of appeal. Nathan has appeared on behalf of clients in immigration courts and offices of the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) throughout the United States. Nathan also participates regularly in firm-sponsored seminars, conferences, and media appearances, both in-person and online. Before founding Bogart Immigration, PLLC, Nathan practiced immigration law in Dallas-Fort Worth, Amarillo, and Kansas City.
Prior to attending law school, Nathan attended the University of Arkansas, graduating in 2007 with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science & Latin American Studies. In May 2010, Nathan received his Juris Doctor from the University of Arkansas School of Law. While in law school, Nathan worked in the University of Arkansas Immigration Clinic, representing low income clients at no cost in removal proceedings. He also served as a judicial intern for the Circuit Court of Washington County, Arkansas and as a senior editor on the Journal of Islamic Law and Culture.
Nathan is licensed to practice law in Arkansas. He is admitted to the Circuit Court of Appeals for the Fifth, Sixth & Eighth Circuits, as well as several U.S. District Courts. He is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and the Arkansas Bar Association, serving both organizations in a variety of capacities.
Since 2015, Nathan has been the host of “Preguntas con el abogado,” an immigration law-related program airing on Northwest Arkansas’s La Zeta 95.7 FM. He has also been a contributor to, or otherwise featured in, several other media outlets, appearing on KXUN 31 (Arkansas), KHOG 4029 (Northwest Arkansas), KUAF 91.3 FM (Northwest Arkansas), Arkansas Democrat Gazette (Arkansas), Radio Luz 102.5 FM/1440 AM (Dallas), KCTV 5 (Kansas City), KUKC 48 (Kansas City), La X 1250 AM (Kansas City), La Poderosa 96.1 FM (Amarillo, TX), and La Mega 105.1 FM (Amarillo, TX).
Nathan is also a frequently invited lecturer on immigration law and law firm management by local, state, and national organizations on topics including removal proceedings, family-based immigration, and law firm marketing.
A proud native of Mobile, Alabama, Nathan has also lived in Kansas City, Madrid, Dallas-Fort Worth, and Amarillo. Outside of the office, he enjoys spending time with his wife, Joy, and their two children. Nathan also spends his free time reading, cooking, cycling, cheering on his Arkansas Razorbacks, and making short stories long and long stories longer.
Nathan is fluent in Spanish.
Areas of Practice
- Deportation defense
- Appeals to the Board of Immigration Appeals
- Petitions for Review before the Federal Circuit Courts
- Citizenship & Naturalization
- Adjustment of Status
- Consular Processing
- Investment-based Non-immigrant Applications
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth, Sixth & Eighth Circuits
- U.S. District Courts:
- Eastern & Western Districts of Arkansas
- Northern District of Texas
- University of Arkansas School of Law, Juris Doctor, May 2010
- University of Arkansas, Bachelor of Arts, May 2007
- Administrator, Inmigración Arkansas, August 2016 to present
- Administrator, Laws with Intended Consequences, October 2014 to present
- Contributor, Petty & Associates, PLLC Blog, May 2015 to October 2016
- Author, Web Conferencing: Is Seeing Believing? Immigration Practice News, October 2014
- Co-author, How to Run Your Practice from a Tropical Island, American Immigration Lawyers Association, January 2014
- Author, 6 Keys for the Effective Use of Social Media, Immigration Practice News, January 2014
- Author, Considering Removal Defense? Don’t Go in Blind, New Members Division E-News, American Immigration Lawyers Association, December 2013
- Author, Why Missouri Matters in the Immigration Debate, ILW.com, February 2012
- Speaker, Crimmigration, Washington County Bar Association, Mermaid’s, Fayetteville, AR, January 8, 2018.
- Panelist, The Case on Appeal: BIA & Circuit Court Appeals, Motions to Reopen, and Legal Research Techniques, American Immigration Lawyers Association, Mid-South Chapter Annual Conference, Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, Nashville, TN, November 4, 2017.
- Panelist, Marketing Your Immigration Law Practice, American Immigration Lawyers Association Annual Conference, The Marriott, New Orleans, LA, June 24, 2017.
- Co-Presenter, Faith Conversations: Immigration, Bentonville Church of the Nazarene, Bentonville, AR May 10, 2017.
- Presenter, A Legal Look at Immigration, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, University of Arkansas, Drake Field Airport, Fayetteville, AR April 27, 2017.
- Co-Presenter, Immigration Law in the Age of Trump: A Primer, Mid-South Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Third Thursday Lunch & CLE, R&R’s Curry Express, Springdale, AR January 19, 2017.
- Click to see a complete list of Nathan’s presentations
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Panhandle Section Coordinator, Texas Chapter, 2015
- National Practice Management Committee, 2013-2015
- New Members Division Liaison, Missouri-Kansas Chapter, 2013-2014
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Lawyers Helping Lawyers Committee, 2015-present
- Social Media Committee, 2015-present
- Law Related Education Committee, 2015-present
- Federal Bar Association
- Washington County Bar Association
- W.B. Putnam Inn of Court